Wikipedia

Search results

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Do You Need a Degree to Make It??


On Wednesday sitting in a CCD my eyes feel upon an advertisement of some kind. The question ‘does an MBA really require prior experience’ caught my attention. I had to restrain the urge to laugh at the question. I just carefully noted it down in my notebook (which I carry along in my hand bag always). Talk about a juicy topic to explore in my blog………….
As you all know Steve Jobs the Apple founder has passed away yesterday. But do you know that this man was a drop out? He did not have a proper college degree, forget about MBA. He made it without the larger than life degree – surprised? There is more.
Bill Gates (I am currently trying to find out how many MBA’s are working under this drop out) is a drop out, you know it, and the world knows it. Here the question is does he really need an MBA degree? Does anyone? Do you?
Walt Disney, certainly does not need any introduction, had dropped out of school at the age of 16. He had what it took to make it to the top – imagination not an MBA degree.
Michael Dell, the founder of Dell. Inc, dropped out of college at the age of 19.
There are many others. Google it and you will find out. Each one of them had made it without an MBA degree. You can too. All you need is the desire to climb up high, not a piece of paper to claim that you have successfully learnt a theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment