Wikipedia

Search results

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Life Without a Friend


Writing is a craft and being able to write is a blessing. I am not talking being able to jot down words or crafting sentences. What I want to refer is the ability to express yourself. Writing is associated with words and crafting correct, grammatical error free contents. But, that is not all. It is not that easy. Writing is more like expressing yourself in way that your words touch the hearts of millions.

I was not born with this ability. I am not sure I still can touch the heart of anyone. I just try to say things which I think and feel. I express myself through my words. This is writing. When I was a kid, I used to write the stories I heard from my grandmother. Why I did that I still don’t know. It was just an unyielding desire to see the story written down on paper.

People call me crazy. In a way, I am crazy. Earlier it used to hurt me. I felt like an outcast, in world of normal human beings. I knew from the start that I was not one of them. I had the strong sense that I did not fit in the crowd. I am not trying to say that I am outstanding, I merely mean that I am different.

From the childhood, I was a loner. I used to roam the backyard of my school at the lunch breaks. No one wanted to talk to me. I still do not know why. My only companion was my imaginary friend who always appreciated me. When I came home, I used to crawl under my father’s writing desk with a book. Being a loner served me well and with time I got used to being alone. Now, I do not need any friend to hang out. I know how to live alone. What had been a childhood necessity became my adulthood luxury. I can spend hours with myself. Books are my only companions. And I like it that way. When in school I craved for a friend to talk to. I had none. Maybe that is the reason I reached towards my pen and started pouring words over paper.

If you are being ignored by your friends, rejoice. You really do not need a friend to survive. You have yourself. You have a wonderful heart. Use it for imagination. You never know what you may become in life. Take advantage of the isolation. Do not be sad. If you want a friend badly, you can always find one in the pages of a good book. Make friendship with words and open the door of endless possibilities. And remember isolation is a blessing. Enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment